FREE to all Veterans: CompTIA A+ Certification/Microsoft MCTS 70-680 Certification Course – Always Open Enrollment
The CompTIA A+ Certification is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ certified technicians also have excellent customer service and communication skills to work with clients.
CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians. More than 700,000 people worldwide have become CompTIA A+ certified since the program’s inception in 1993. To learn more about CompTIA Certifications, please visit CompTIA.org.
The Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist 70-680 is for Windows 7 configuration. In conjunction with CompTIA A+, we incorporate Windows 7 certification so students can be dually certified. Windows 7 is being deployed widely in enterprise environments and a solid background is necessary for future employment opportunities.
In recognition of the changes in hardware deployments, essentially, the migration from desktops and even notebook computers, we have geared a large portion of our coursework to tablet and smartphone integration. Smarter, lightweight devices along with cloud services are the future and we are preparing our students now.
We offer an exciting opportunity for veterans to receive free training, certifications and experience that will get you well on your way to becoming an IT Professional.
- CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide, 220-701 220-702 by Quentin Doctor, Emmett Dulaney and Toby Skandier
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-680): Configuring Windows 7 by Ian McLean and Orin Thomas
- These books can be found at Sybex.com and many book dealers including Amazon.com.
- No prior computer repair experience required; all you need is a desire to learn.
- Designed for Beginners and Intermediates
- Always open enrollment; join us at any time
- Learn How to Service Desktops, Portables and Servers
- Learn How to Install Networks and Network Devices
- Complete ‘Hands On’ Labs
- Wide Range of Systems to Learn From
- Multiple OS Platforms including Mac OS X
- Courses sponsored by the Keeling Family Foundation and VetTech.US.
You can the view Class Outline to learn more about this opportunity.
If you are ready to enroll please submit your application at the Class Enrollment Form.